Monday, December 29, 2014

Into the Woods

I've wanted to go backpacking for the longest time. Nothing too demanding. I just want to be in the woods and away from civilization for a few days. For a long time, I thought I only needed to get into shape and find someone to go with. Those things might be tall orders for me considering how out of shape I am and how difficult it would be for me to find a backpacking friend given my intense social phobia and PTSD. But I thought I could do it if I set my mind to it. And maybe I could go alone if I didn't feel comfortable going with a friend. But yesterday morning I could hardly move for more than an hour. I went to the bathroom stooped over like an old man and then sat down at the computer and waited for the ibuprofen to kick in. But then again, walking 15 or more miles in a day was never my goal. I just want to be in the woods. So if my arthritis flares up while I'm out in the wild, I can take my pills and sit there until I feel like moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment