Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Uncle Alfred's Skin Rag

In my novel My High School Boyfriend (available at Amazon), Glen and Shannon venture up to the third floor of the Maynard mansion and explore Uncle Alfred's room. There they discover a copy of the magazine Physique Pictorial.
 
From the book:
     “Look at this,” Shannon said.


      He was holding up a small magazine, and when I examined it, I was a little shocked. It was called Physique Pictorial and there was an illustration on the cover showing several handsome, impossibly muscular young men w
earing revealing tight pants. They were attending a carnival or fair. One of the men was removing his leather jacket so he could test his strength by hitting a high striker with a large mallet. I would later learn the image was created by Tom of Finland. I flipped through the magazine and saw several photos of men wearing nothing but posing straps.

     “I didn’t realize stuff like this was around when your uncle was alive.”
    
     “Old Alfred may have been a hermit, but he wasn’t a monk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment